At dotmod we want our customers to enjoy our products while remaining healthy and safe. Although our products are designed for experienced users, we have compiled this list of basic vaping warnings and precautions. This is not a complete list of all the dangers of vaping. Customers should read all information included in their product purchases and ensure they are fully educated on the proper use, maintenance, and storage of any vaping products.
dotmod products are for advanced vapers who are over the age of 21 (or the legal smoking age in your area). Our products are not designed for beginners or those new to vaping. dotmod Inc. is not liable or responsible for any damages related to the use of our products.
GENERAL BATTERY SAFETY
- Lithium-ion batteries are volatile and may explode or burn if used with devices not approved by the battery manufacturer; or if charged, used, transported, stored or disposed of improperly.
- Only use batteries that have been approved by the battery manufacturer for use in vaping devices.
- Only use batteries that are the correct size and amp rating for your device.
- Do not charge batteries unless they are specifically labeled as “rechargeable”.
- Charging cables are added for convenience however we recommend using an external battery charger designed for the size and rating of batteries you are using.
- Always use a surge protector when charging batteries.
- Do not leave batteries unattended while charging, do not leave them charging overnight.
- Do not charge batteries or leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Do not mix new and used batteries or different battery brands.
- Do not leave batteries in your vaping device while not in use, unattended, or overnight.
- Keep batteries away from high heat, direct sunlight, cold temperatures, humidity, water, and metal.
- Never tamper with batteries.
- Inspect all batteries for wear or damage before each use. Do not use if worn or damaged.
- If you witness the battery starting to balloon, swell up, smoke, or become very hot; immediately disconnect the power to your home or office from the circuit breaker. If a circuit breaker is unavailable, disconnect from the outlet. Do not approach the battery for at least 2 hours and make sure that the room is well ventilated.
- Do not carry or store batteries in your pocket, purse, or anywhere else where they may become exposed to metals.
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy in an event of a fire.
- Do not throw batteries into a fire. Please recycle or dispose of according to local law.
- Keep batteries away from children and pets. Should a child/pet swallow or chew on a battery, immediately consult a physician and/or call your local poison control center.
- Failure to follow warnings may result in electric shock, fire, burns, property damage, or bodily injury.
GENERAL VAPING DEVICE SAFETY
- Do not use dotmod vaping devices if you are a beginning vaper.
- Do not use your new dotmod product if it appears to have been opened or damaged in transit.
- Do not use “BETA” or “TESTER” models of vaping devices
- Do not use your new dotmod product if it does not arrive with a certificate of authenticity or if you suspect your dotmod product is counterfeit. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Read all instructions and safety information before using any vaping device.
- Do not install tanks on mechanical (non-regulated) mods, the explosion may occur.
- Coil installation must be done carefully to ensure adequate spacing from the cap, deck, and center post. Improper coil installation may result in damage to your device, property damage, and/or injury.
- Do not use your vaping device if the button becomes stuck or feels “crunchy”. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Only use batteries approved by the manufacturer for use in vaping devices.
- Always turn off your vaping apparatus in between uses.
- Keep your device away from high heat, direct sunlight, cold temperatures, humidity, water, and metal.
- Do not carry or store your device in your pocket or purse, or anywhere it may be exposed to metal or unintentional pressing of the fire button.
- Keep all vaping materials away from children and pets.
- Failure to follow warnings may result in electric shock, fire, burns, property damage or bodily injury.
HEALTH WARNINGThe products offered by dotmod, Inc. are not intended for pregnant or nursing women, children, people with or at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, or those who are sensitive to nicotine, propylene glycol, or vegetable glycerin. Products sold by dotmod, Inc. have not been reviewed by the FDA and are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Our products are not intended as a smoking cessation product. By using our site and/or ordering products from us, you agree that no claims about safety, health benefits or uses for the products were specifically stated by dotmod, Inc. NICOTINE WARNINGNicotine is highly addictive, habit-forming, and may be dangerous to your health. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Although our hardware products do not directly contain nicotine, a chemical is known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm, some of our dotJuice products and many products intended to be used with dotmod hardware do contain nicotine. Consult your physician prior to using this product. Nicotine is quickly absorbed with skin contact. Keep away from skin, eyes, mouth, and any other area of the body. If you come in contact with nicotine, wash the affected area with soap and water for at least 15 minutes and immediately contact your local poison control center.E-LIQUID Warning ingredients of the e-liquid and the component parts of vaping devices may contain and produce hazardous chemicals, metals, toxins, and nanoparticles which have been associated with permanent lung injury and disease, including bronchiolitis obliterans. Exposure to the aerosol can trigger, aggravate, and exacerbate various adverse health effects including but not limited to cancer, carcinoma, addiction, birth defects, heart disease, arteriosclerosis, liver and kidney disease, abnormal conditions, disorders, symptoms, and illness of the human body. If swallowed contact your local poison control center immediately. DISPOSAL OF E-LIQUID BOTTLESEmpty bottles should be rinsed out thoroughly with water, re-capped, and can be recycled or disposed of as normal. Please dispose of any products containing nicotine according to local law. STATE OF CALIFORNIA WARNING WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For additional safety information on a specific dotmod product, please see the product page on our website.